Buying a Home or Property
REALTORS® help buyers make smart decisions.
You want to find the best home or property for your needs and to make the wisest investment possible. Your Illinois REALTOR® understands the importance of this major purchase to you and has the essential knowledge to ensure your buying experience is a smooth and successful one.
Here are 10 ways Your Illinois REALTOR® can help you buy a home or property:
- Determine your buying power and criteria
- Research available properties in your market via many resources such as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and a broad network of REALTORS®--even if you are locating to another city
- Show you properties that meet your specific criteria
- Give you objective information about each property
- Negotiate a price that fits your budget
- Help you understand different financing options and identify qualified lenders
- Provide up-to-date information on property values, real estate taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and local zoning changes
- Recommend home inspection services to help analyze the structure and condition of the home
- Understand the complex paperwork and steps for the purchasing process
- Serve as your advisor from "offer through closing"
The typical Illinois home search
- Recent home buyers searched for a home for 12 weeks and viewed 12 homes.
- 82 percent of home buyers used a real estate professional when purchasing their home.
- Nine in ten home buyers used the Internet to search for homes.
- 96 percent of home buyers financed their recent home purchase.
- Real estate agents were viewed as a very useful information source by 81 percent of buyers who used an agent while searching for a home.
Source: Illinois Association of REALTORS® Illinois Profile of Home Buyers and Home Sellers, 2009